Adult and Pediatric CNS Tumors; Hydrocephalus
Gene Therapy for Gliomas; Angiogenesis in Gliomas
Dr. Yiqiang Zhou is a neurosurgeon at Xuanwu Hospital Capital Medical University. He received medical training from Beijing Tiantan Hospital Affiliated to Capital Medical University and brain tumor research training at Beijing Neurosurgical Institute. He also finished post-doctoral program at Neuro-Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute (NCI), National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Maryland, USA. Dr. Zhou studies ways to use virus- and nano material-based gene therapy for glioblastoma patients. He is seeking for therapeutic targets during glioma neovascularization.
M.D., Clinical Medical College, Tianjin Medical University. (2006-2011)
Ph.D., Beijing Neurosurgical Institute, Capital Medical University. (2011-2017)
Department of Neurosurgery, Beijing Tiantan Hospital Affiliated to Capital Medical University (2015-2017)
Department of Neurosurgery, Xuanwu Hospital Capital Medical University (2019-now)
Post-doctoral Fellowship, Neuro-Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute (NCI), National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Maryland, USA (2017-2019)
Neurosurgeon Fellowship, Department of Neurosurgery, Xuanwu Hospital Capital Medical University (2019-now)
Chinese Board of Surgery (2012)
Research & Publications
1. Di Yu#, Yang Liu#, Yiqiang Zhou, Victor Ruiz-Rodado, Mioara Larion, Guowang Xu*, Chunzhang Yang*. Triptolide suppresses IDH1-mutated malignancy via Nrf2-driven glutathione metabolism. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2020 Mar 12. doi/10.1073/ pnas.1913633117.
2. Yiqiang Zhou, Yang Liu, Junwen Zhang, Di Yu, Aiguo Li, Hua Song, Wei Zhang, Dionne Davis, Mark R. Gilbert, Fusheng Liu*, Chunzhang Yang*. Autocrine BMP4 signaling enhances tumor aggressiveness via promoting Wnt/-Catenin pathway in IDH1-mutant gliomas. Translational Oncology. 2020 Feb;13(2):125-134. doi: 10.1016/j.tranon.2019.10.019.
3. Yang Liu#, Yanxin Lu#, Orieta Celiku, Aiguo Li, Qixin Wu, Yiqiang Zhou, Chunzhang Yang*. Targeting IDH1-Mutated Malignancies with NRF2 Blockade. Journal of the National Cancer Institute. 2019 Oct 1;111(10):1033-1041. doi: 10.1093/jnci/djy230.
4. Ying Pang#, Yanxin Lu#, Veronika Caisova, Yang Liu, Petra Bullova, Thanh-Truc Huynh, Yiqiang Zhou, Di Yu, Zdenek Frysak, Igor Hartmann, David Taieb, Karel Pacak* and Chunzhang Yang*. Targeting NAD+/PARP DNA repair pathway as a novel therapeutic approach to SDHB-mutated cluster I pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma. Clinical Cancer Research. 2018 Jul 15;24(14):3423-3432. doi: 10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-17-3406.
5. Yiqiang Zhou, Guishan Jin, Ruifang Mi, Junwen Zhang, Jin Zhang, Hengzhou Xu, Sen Cheng, Yunsheng Zhang, Wenjie Song, Fusheng Liu*. Knockdown of P4HA1 inhibits neovascularization via targeting glioma stem cell-endothelial cell transdifferentiation and disrupting vascular basement membrane. Oncotarget. 2017 May 30;8(22):35877-35889. doi: 10.18632/oncotarget.16270.
6. Nana Zhao, Jia Li, Yiqiang Zhou, Yang Hu, Ranran Wang, Zhaoxia Ji, Fusheng Liu* and Fu-Jian Xu*. Hierarchical Nanohybrids of Gold Nanorods and PGMA-Based Polycations for Multifunctional Theranostics. Advanced Functional Materials. 2016 Aug 23;26(32): 5848–5861.
7. Yang Hu#, Yiqiang Zhou#, Nana Zhao, Fusheng Liu* and Fu-Jian Xu*. Multifunctional pDNA-Conjugated Polycationic Au Nanorod-Coated Fe3O4 Hierarchical Nanocomposites for Trimodal Imaging and Combined Photothermal/Gene Therapy. Small. 2016 May;12(18):2459-2468. doi: 10.1002/smll.201600271.
8. Yiqiang Zhou, Guishan Jin, Ruifang Mi, Junwen Zhang, Jin Zhang, Hengzhou Xu, Sen Cheng, Yunsheng Zhang, Wenjie Song, Fusheng Liu*. Inhibition of fatty acid synthase suppresses neovascularization via regulating the expression of VEGF-A in glioma. Journal of Cancer Research and Clinical Oncology. 2016 Dec;142(12):2447-2459.
9. Yiqiang Zhou#, Guishan Jin#, Ruifang Mi, Chengyuan Dong, Jin Zhang, Fusheng Liu*. The methylation status of the platelet-derived growth factor-B gene promoter and its regulation of cellular proliferation following folate treatment in human glioma cells. Brian Research. 2014 Mar 27; 1556:57-66. doi: 10.1016/j.brainres.2014.01.045.
10. Guishan Jin, Yiqiang Zhou, Qi Chai, Guidong Zhu, Fusheng Liu*. VP22 and cytosine deaminase fusion gene modified tissue-engineered neural stem cells for glioma therapy. Journal of Cancer Research and Clinical Oncology. 2013 Mar;139(3):475-83. doi: 10.1007/s00432-012-1347-3.
Western Returned Scholars Association (WRSA)
Chinese Students & Scholars Association at National Institutes of Health (NIH-CSSA)
A single copy of these materials may be reprinted for noncommercial personal use only. "China-INI," "chinaini.org" are trademarks of China International Neuroscience Institute.
© 2008-2021 China International Neuroscience Institute (China-INI). All rights reserved.