Cerebral Vascular disease, Traumatic brain injury
Neuroimmune; Thrombosis and Haemostasis; Carotid atherosclerosis
Dr. Xin Xu is a neurosurgeon at the Xuanwu Hospital.
Dr. Xu graduated from Nanchang University and Tianjin Medical University with Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) and Doctor of Medicine (M.D.). He received his medical training at Second Affiliated Hospital of Nanchang University and Tianjin Medical University General Hospital, and now doing his residency at the Xuanwu Hospital of Capital Medical University.
M.D. Nanchang University (Medicine), (2009-2014)
Ph.D. Tianjin Medical University (Surgery), (2014-2019)
Joint Ph.D. University of Washington (Hematology), (2017-2019)
2012-2014 Second Affiliated Hospital of Nanchang University
2019- Xuanwu Hospital Capital Medical University
2017 Chinese Board of Surgery/Neurosurgery
Research & Publications
2021-2023 Youth Program of National Natural Science Foundation of China (80001317)
1. Xu, X.#, Wang, C., Wu, Y., Houck, K.L., Hilton, T., Zhou, A., Wu, X., Han, C., Yang, M., Yang, W., Shi, F.D., Stolla, M., Cruz, M.A.*, Li, M.*, Zhang, J.* and Dong, J.F.* (2020). Conformation-Dependent Blockage of Activated VWF Improved Outcomes of Traumatic Brain Injury in Mice. Blood.
2. Xu, X.#, Kozar, R., Zhang, J. and Dong, J.F.* (2020). Diverse activities of von Willebrand factor in traumatic brain injury and associated coagulopathy. Journal of thrombosis and haemostasis: JTH.
3. Wang, B.#, Xu, X. #, Liu, X.#, Wang, D., Zhuang, H., He, X.*, Han, T.* and Hong, J.* (2021). Enolase-phosphatase 1 acts as an oncogenic driver in glioma. Journal of cellular physiology 236, 1184-1194.
4. Wang, D.#, Gao, C.#, Xu, X.#, Chen, T., Tian, Y., Wei, H., Zhang, S., Quan, W., Wang, Y., Yue, S., Wang, Z., Lei, P., Anderson, C., Dong, J., Zhang, J.* and Jiang, R.* (2020). Treatment of chronic subdural hematoma with atorvastatin combined with low-dose dexamethasone: phase II randomized proof-of-concept clinical trial. Journal of neurosurgery, 1-9.
5. Xu, X. #, Yin, D.#, Ren, H.#, Gao, W., Li, F., Sun, D., Wu, Y., Zhou, S., Lyu, L., Yang, M., Xiong, J., Han, L., Jiang, R.* and Zhang, J.* (2018). Selective NLRP3 inflammasome inhibitor reduces neuroinflammation and improves long-term neurological outcomes in a murine model of traumatic brain injury. Neurobiology of disease 117, 15-27.
6. Wang, D.#, Xu, X. #, Wu, Y.G.#, Lyu, L., Zhou, Z.W.* and Zhang, J.N.* (2018). Dexmedetomidine attenuates traumatic brain injury: action pathway and mechanisms. Neural regeneration research 13, 819-826.
7. Yin, D.#, Zhou, S.#, Xu, X.#, Gao, W., Li, F., Ma, Y., Sun, D., Wu, Y., Guo, Q., Liu, H., Han, L., Wang, Z., Wang, Y.* and Zhang, J.* (2018). Dexmedetomidine attenuated early brain injury in rats with subarachnoid haemorrhage by suppressing the inflammatory response: The TLR4/NF-kappaB pathway and the NLRP3 inflammasome may be involved in the mechanism. Brain research 1698, 1-10.
8. Xu, X.#, Gao, W.#, Cheng, S.#, Yin, D., Li, F., Wu, Y., Sun, D., Zhou, S., Wang, D., Zhang, Y., Jiang, R.* and Zhang, J.* (2017). Anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory mechanisms of atorvastatin in a murine model of traumatic brain injury. Journal of neuroinflammation 14, 167.
9. Cheng, S.#, Gao, W.#, Xu, X.#, Fan, H., Wu, Y., Li, F., Zhang, J., Zhu, X.* and Zhang, Y.* (2016). Methylprednisolone sodium succinate reduces BBB disruption and inflammation in a model mouse of intracranial haemorrhage. Brain research bulletin 127, 226-233.
10. Han, C.#, Wang, C.#, Chen, Y., Wang, J., Xu, X., Hilton, T., Cai, W., Zhao, Z., Wu, Y., Li, K., Houck, K., Liu, L., Sood, A.K., Wu, X., Xue, F., Li, M.*, Dong, J.F.* and Zhang, J.* (2020). Placenta-derived extracellular vesicles induce preeclampsia in mouse models. Haematologica 105, 1686-1694.
Awards & Honors
2018 National Scholarship of China, The Ministry of Education of the People's Republic of China (MOE)
2017 State scholarship of China Scholarship Council
A single copy of these materials may be reprinted for noncommercial personal use only. "China-INI," "chinaini.org" are trademarks of China International Neuroscience Institute.
© 2008-2021 China International Neuroscience Institute (China-INI). All rights reserved.