Clinical Expertise: Schwannoma,Pituitary Tumor,Meningioma
Vestibular schwannoma and peripheral nerve reconstruction
Dr. Song, Gang was born in Laiwu City, Shandong Province, and completed his primary to senior high school studies in Laiwu City, Shandong Province. From 2002.08 to 2008.07, and from 2009.8 to 2015.7, he successfully completed undergraduate to doctoral studies at Taishan Medical College and Capital Medical University, and obtained his M.D. and Ph.D. degree. In 2015.08, Dr. Song entered the neurosurgery department of Xuanwu Hospital, and in the following 4 years he completed his clinical training in the 8 subspecialties of neurosurgery department. From 2018.11 till now, he became a member of skull base and brain tumor team of their department. He focused on skull base tumor. He is married and has a daughter.
2002—2008 Bachelor, Taishan Medical College
2009—2012 M.D. Neurosurgery, Capital Medical University
2012—2015 Ph.D. Neurosurgery, Capital Medical University
2015—2017 Residency of Neurosurgery, Xuanwu Hospital, Capital Medical University
2018—2018 Specialist training of Neurosurgery in Xuanwu Hospital, Capital Medical University
2015.8- 2018.10Specialist Training in Xuanwu hospital
2015 Physician’s practice license
2019 Specialist Qualification (Neurosurgery)
Research & Publications
1. Guo H*, Song G*, Wang X, Bao Y. Surgical treatment of trigeminal neuralgia with no neurovascular compression: A retrospective study and literature review. Journal Article. J Clin Neurosci. 2018-12-01 2018;58:42-48. doi:10.1016/j.jocn.2018.10.066 %/ Copyright (c) 2018 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
2. Wang X*, Song G*, Chen G, et al. Single-Center Clinical Characteristics and Treatment Experience of Foramen Magnum Neurenteric Cyst: Report of 6 Cases and Brief Review of the Literature. Case Reports; Journal Article; Review. World Neurosurg. 2018-04-01 2018;112:e608-e616. doi:10.1016/j.wneu.2018.01.097 %/ Copyright (c) 2018 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
3. Song G, Cheng Y, Bai X, et al. Technique Nuances for Functional Preservation of Lower Cranial Nerves during Surgical Management of Ventral Foramen Magnum Meningiomas Via a Dorsal Lateral Approach. World Neurosurg. Dec 1 2020;doi:10.1016/j.wneu.2020.11.140
4. Song G, Bai X, Wu X, et al. Facial Nerve Length Influence on Vestibular Schwannoma Microsurgery Outcomes. World Neurosurg. Mar 16 2021;doi:10.1016/j.wneu.2021.03.024
5. Song G, Liu D, Wu X, et al. Outcomes after semisitting and lateral positioning in large vestibular schwannoma surgery: A single-center comparison. Clin Neurol Neurosurg. Jun 22 2021;207:106768. doi:10.1016/j.clineuro.2021.106768
Cerebral Revascularization – Technique in Exracranial-to-Intracranial bypass surgery
A single copy of these materials may be reprinted for noncommercial personal use only. "China-INI," "chinaini.org" are trademarks of China International Neuroscience Institute.
© 2008-2021 China International Neuroscience Institute (China-INI). All rights reserved.