CVJ malformation, Genetics, Spine alignment
Dr. Liu Zhenlei was born in Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, and completed his primary to senior high school studies there. From 2008.8 to 2016.7, he successfully completed undergraduate to doctoral studies at Tsinghua University and Peking Union Medical College, and obtained his M.D. degree. In 2016.8, Dr. Liu entered the neurosurgery department of Xuanwu Hospital and started his clinical training as a neurosurgeon. Now he focuses on spine and spinal cord surgery as a member of Spine Center of China-INI. He is married and has no children now.
2008—2016 M.D. Clinical Medcine, Peking Union Medical College
2016—now Residency of Neurosurgery, China-INI
2015 Visiting Scholar at University of Michigan Health System (Surgery)
2016 Visiting Scholar in Baylor College of Medicine (Genetics, Prof. James R. Lupski)
2016 Physician’s practice license
2018 Certificate of resident standardized training of Surgery (Neurosurgery) Phase I
Research & Publications
1. Liu Z, Zhao X, Guan J, et al. Quantitative Reduction of Basilar Invagination. Clin. spine Surg. 2020;33(8):E386–E390.
2. Lin M#, Liu Z#, Liu G, et al. Genetic and molecular mechanism for distinct clinical phenotypes conveyed by allelic truncating mutations implicated in FBN1. Mol. Genet. Genomic Med. 2020;8(1):e1023.
3. Liu Z, Duan W, Wu H, et al. Quantitative Correction of Cervical Sagittal Deformity in Atlanto-Axial Dislocation. Spine (Phila. Pa. 1976). 2019;44(14):975–981.
4. Liu Z, Duan W, Jian F, et al. Pilot study on minimally invasive posterior lumbar interbody fusion for lumbar degenerative diseases. Chin J Neurosurg. 2018;34(9):926-930
5. Liu Z, Liu J, Liu G, et al. Phenotypic heterogeneity of intellectual disability in patients with congenital insensitivity to pain with anhidrosis: A case report and literature review. J. Int. Med. Res. 2018;46(6):2445–2457.
6. Chen Y#, Liu Z#, Chen J, et al. The genetic landscape and clinical implications of vertebral anomalies in VACTERL association. J Med Genet. 2016;53(7):431–437.
7. Wu N, Ming X, Xiao J, et al. TBX6 Null Variants and a Common Hypomorphic Allele in Congenital Scoliosis. N. Engl. J. Med. 2015;372(4):341–350.
Zhenlei Liu, Zan Chen, and Fengzeng Jian, Chapter 13. Anterior Controllable Antedisplacement and Fusion Surgery for Multisegmented OPLL. FNS Spine Committee Book. Cervical Spondylotic Myelopathy and OPLL. Editors: Mehmet Zileli, Jutty Parthiban
Beijing Municipal Excellent Talents Training Fund. 2020-0222
A single copy of these materials may be reprinted for noncommercial personal use only. "China-INI," "chinaini.org" are trademarks of China International Neuroscience Institute.
© 2008-2021 China International Neuroscience Institute (China-INI). All rights reserved.